Some inner truth of vast reflection

I've seen a couple of examples of this now, so I've decided it's a trend. Naturally I'm going to excerpt something from which to base this post:
This sentence claims to follow logically from the first sentence, though the connection is actually rather tenuous. This sentence claims that very few people are willing to admit the obvious inference of the last two sentences, with an implication that the reader is not one of those very few people. This sentence expresses the unwillingness of the writer to be silenced despite going against the popular wisdom. 
I've got further evidence to back this up from this humerous video (though I won't embed it for stylistic reasons).

A pithy observation is shared, and of course, a link to a prior discussion on Metafilter.

After all this deliberation, I've got to conclude this trend has pros and cons, and a lot of unappreciated nuance. I just hope it turns out alright.