Reviewing some of the #nmas10 tweets from the audience, I figured I should provide some links for the anecdotes I mentioned:
- BID CEO Paul Levy's blog is still the starting point when talking about transparency in medicine today. I had the chance to speak with him, a few years ago.
- Ed Bennett has done an extraordinary job following hospital social media adoption and highlights effective new media policies, as well.
- Hospitals are using twitter and billboards to broadcast ED waiting room times. This is not without risk, as billboards may not clarify the triage process, where seriously ill patients will be seen right away
- ACEP president Angela Gardner's Twitter feed and ACEP's blog.
- A recap of Better Health bloggers' meeting with Rep. Jack Ryan last summer during the healthcare reform debate.
- Recent articles from NEJM and JAMA articles on med students and social media.
- A lot of the developments in openness in peer review, and the world of grant funding, are chronicled at Nature's Peer-to-Peer blog. Bora Zivkovic has been and active and articulate defender open publications, as well.